What The...where Did Everyone Go?

272 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

2-3 times I checked in, prime time east coast and maybe a 100-150 total players combined??
I waited around, wasn't able to drop.
Something going on I dont know about? It was dead fred

#2 Summon3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

CW is always dead unless there is an event

#3 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:23 PM

TThe byproduct of these recent events seems to be that they suck in a ton of players to play a lot in a short period of time, get burned out, then leave until the next one.

The regular queues are not very full etiher.....long waits for drops and keep seeing the same people over and over.

Edited by Kain Thul, 02 May 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#4 Lord0fHats

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 619 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:32 PM

Yeah. I imagine everyone needs a break from CW for a bit.

#5 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 02 May 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm playing the steam market for real world euros.

#6 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:27 PM

I just wondered the same thing. Is CW really dead? People were going on and on about how everyone has left it. How sad. I haven't been around in a couple months. Has PGI dropped the ball and not able to succeed in CW either? It seems they're putting all these resources into CW (new maps and stuff) so I figured it was doing well. If it's doing as poorly as people say, why not just give us new maps in the normal queue.

I want the new mech packs as well but if CW is head and it's just the same normal queue maps over and over, I'd rather not waste money to use new mechs in the same old places. Bad part is, I really love the new mechs in the pack but am rather exhausted of the current maps and the extensive CW queues or lack thereof. I guess this is why I stayed away without worry. I thought I'd come back to a really packed house.

Edited by Moonlander, 02 May 2015 - 08:29 PM.

#7 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:44 PM

you can thank PGI for this

they needed to stop 12 mans from pug smashing because the vast majority of players are casual players who pug and are not in a 12 man. They could have created separate queues long ago but they didn't

and now people are leaving and this game's servers will soon be no more, i haven't seen so many people leave a game so quickly since Everquest 2

Edited by Czarr, 02 May 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#8 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 02 May 2015 - 08:53 PM

View PostMoonlander, on 02 May 2015 - 08:27 PM, said:

I just wondered the same thing. Is CW really dead? People were going on and on about how everyone has left it. How sad. I haven't been around in a couple months. Has PGI dropped the ball and not able to succeed in CW either? It seems they're putting all these resources into CW (new maps and stuff) so I figured it was doing well. If it's doing as poorly as people say, why not just give us new maps in the normal queue.

I want the new mech packs as well but if CW is head and it's just the same normal queue maps over and over, I'd rather not waste money to use new mechs in the same old places. Bad part is, I really love the new mechs in the pack but am rather exhausted of the current maps and the extensive CW queues or lack thereof. I guess this is why I stayed away without worry. I thought I'd come back to a really packed house.

CW is like any other moba, except there are no moba features.

It's been a ghost town since inception.

#9 Bagor Aga

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 530 posts
  • Locationramat.:gan

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:19 AM

Consider the response in terms of an incentive to continue to spend time on the gameplay, which is full of flaws with the lack of reasonable prospects of change for the better.

Think about how many and which game systems are operating satisfactorily, as - unsatisfactory. The gameplay as it is now - it's stupid shooting line to line in repetitive conditions. This poses a challenge to some extent, but not enough - a year has passed, and the situation is fundamentally the same.

Until there is anything like a change in the conditions of the game, people will ignore CW - random skirmishes promises same 12x12 quickly, and without noobs. But the smaller the proposed changes will affect the diversity - the more the role of a disappointment will play, next the cumulative effect will cascade crash system.

Since the last summer when they announced clanpack, PGI management is bluffing that he had control and they are able to produce new stages of development.

They pretend that they have a good model of the gameplay that needs to be filled with the realization. But look how they manage the verification of results of changes. There are no usual open-beta checks and roll-backs of improper design. I have no confidence in the good model behind.

Who is fighting now? - A loner. And who should fight? - A unit, a team. Where do you see at least one task to the team - on batlefield or as part of a strategic character development? I mean tasks designed by PGI not by obvious means of strategy. Do you believe everything could be turned to teamwork after all features are implemented from road map ? Like to combine modern AR from musket parts.

...For a long time the bluff fed expectations. The Battle of T made subtotals. It turned out that the king's naked.

#10 Zoid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:23 AM

People in the big units keep screaming about how PUGs should stay away from CW, so I am.

#11 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:27 AM

<- is on holiday from "SRS BSNS" for a few days, any problems with that ?
^^

#12 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostBagor Aga, on 03 May 2015 - 04:19 AM, said:

Who is fighting now? - A loner. And who should fight? - It turned out that the king's naked.

sheesh....I just liked the work that leads up to a CW drop, theory crafting, splitting limited resources (modules) intelligently among four mechs, all must be able to it all, yet be focused on tasks, defense, attack, attack against defense, defend against attack.
I bought TWO extra mechs as they filled a task so well, I couldn't find replacements...same same, same build, everything.
Not totally useful for PugLife.
I dont mind 5-6 minute waits for a drop (4 pug drops about the same)
I can't believe the game play is so bad that the thousands who played JUST a few days ago, quit.

ugh
How long did it take PGI to finally separate the solo cue from drops? and Pugland Flourished.
hint hint

View PostZoid, on 03 May 2015 - 04:23 AM, said:

People in the big units keep screaming about how PUGs should stay away from CW, so I am.

yeah, just read a few other threads, and seems solo players are to blame for the lack of community, and long wait times.

+1. bummer, I was liking the CW, just no time for clans, groups, the mode was fun.

#13 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:29 AM

Most people just played to get their free stuff and got out as soon as they had the points.

Turns out the average player doesn't actually enjoy being fodder.

It's their desire to have fun that was the downfall of CW.

Edited by Caustic Canid, 03 May 2015 - 04:31 AM.

#14 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:32 AM

View PostCaustic Canid, on 03 May 2015 - 04:29 AM, said:

Turns out the average player doesn't actually enjoy being fodder.

Thats what drove the first 3-4 out of our original group a year and a half ago- dropping solo and getting wiped by 6-8 man teams.

#15 Caustic Canid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:34 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 03 May 2015 - 04:32 AM, said:

Thats what drove the first 3-4 out of our original group a year and a half ago- dropping solo and getting wiped by 6-8 man teams.

Same here. I had a group of 5 IRL friends (casuals) that got sick of getting rolled by premades on every drop.

I'm the only one left.

#16 Mosadoff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 103 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:36 AM

As an average player, I can confirm that ^^

After the event, I played 8 CW matches. Only 1 of them was PUG vs PUG....

Right now I am doing common matches.

#17 Brawler1986

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:48 AM

I don't care about CW anymore. Since the event i noticed some disturbing unbalanced. Also the Emerald tiaga is really bad. The design and the gameplay. Ogen 1 and 3 can be should from a far without going through the gates. PGI once again failed big time in my opinion. I am really considering to go to clanners if this continues, to prove this point. Doesn't the statistics tell anything from CW? quote from the news: "Players changed from IS to Clan during the event: 380. Players changed from Clan to IS during the event: 52"

Edited by Brawler1986, 03 May 2015 - 04:51 AM.

#18 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:21 AM

I played 2 CW drops last night in a team of 4. Only a 5 minute wait, no problems dropping (other than the usual one of PUG players who won't follow a team strategy).

CW still needs a lot more meat though, as well as CBill reward levels commensurate with the investment of time.

Edited by Appogee, 03 May 2015 - 05:22 AM.

#19 Mar-X-maN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 286 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:31 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 02 May 2015 - 06:41 PM, said:

I'm playing the steam market for real world euros.

**** you can do that? That's awesome. Would you care to show me the ropes. Sounds like stock market, only that I understand what has value and what does not.

On topic. I am back in puglandia. Where I can do what I want. Where I can drop in and out on my terms.
Where I don't need to wait for ages to drop or not get a drop at all. Where I can rush the enemy if I choose so and need not worry about my cowardly team getting picked apart at the gates over 30 minutes.

Edited by Mar X maN, 03 May 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#20 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:42 AM

i talked with one of my unit mates today, we been playing in a group of 2.
he feels the same way as i do: this game is unplayable if you dont have a good group of at least 6 people around.

why?

most players have no clue how to play. especially if you have a mechs that are all about teambased play.
i seen alot of units today that have no teamplay. that doesnt understand anything.
they just rush center terra therma on assault mode. i asked them what is there in the center. a base? why do you go there?
simple answer of them: TO WIN!

ye..... a single jenner killed 2 of them while they where sitting in a group of 6.

trust me, this game would be alot more fun if the majority of players would learn more abotu their fails.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users